Thursday, August 14, 2014

Depression~

"Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad" (Proverbs 12:25). Having dealt with (battled!) depression myself for a number of years (it still rears it's UGLY head sometimes), I understand how consuming it can be. There are days when you think that you just can't handle it anymore; want to curl up in a dark corner and have it all stop (and I mean ALL!). After being on it for three years, I am happy to say that I have been completely off medicine for the last four years. (I am not ashamed to admit that I needed help.) It is not without some bad days, but they are bearable days, and some days in need of talking to my best friend(s) to help pull me out so that I don't sink farther into it. I am so thankful that Christ is in my life, and that He provides me the strength that I need, and lifts my head. There are so many people that are afraid to address it, afraid to talk about it, think that it is shameful, or disgraceful. It is real; just as real as if your eyesight was failing and you needed glasses, or if you had a heart condition and needed to take medicine. If you know someone, or are someone who suffers from this, please don't be afraid to talk about it! It is NOT shameful, it is NOT disgraceful... I don't think God would have used the word depression in His Word if it was not something that we would have to face.  Rest in Peace, Robin Williams.  

P.S.  If you have never had depression, or dealt with the awfulness that goes with it, you have no place judging the people that felt they had no hope, or other way out of the darkness going on inside of them.  It is real, it can be completely debilitating, and can completely consume oneself.  If you have depression, or know someone who suffers from it, please seek help, or be helpful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment