Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Beauty for Ashes~

Almost seven years ago I found out about the affair.  Five years ago yesterday I signed the final divorce papers.  I thought that my life had ended.  I had never experienced such devastation.  Never once did I ever see myself where I am today.  I am happy, more confident, stronger, thankful, and at peace.  Life has it's twists and turns, some of which we have no control over, and some we would never desire to happen.  I was listening to a song yesterday, and was thankful for the lyrics as they truly echoed how I feel.  "Lucky" (Jason Mraz, and Colbie Caillet) "I'm lucky to have been where I have been... Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed..."  I wouldn't wish where I have been on anyone, but truly I am lucky to be where I have been.  I wouldn't trade it for anything at all!  "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me " (2 Corinthians 12:9).  Thankful for the Lord in my life drawing me closer to Him, giving me His own strength to make it.  "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit" (Psalm 34:18).  I am thankful that He has drawn my sons to a closer walk with Him.  I am thankful that the part of me that I thought was dead, and would never find happiness is alive again.  I am thankful that I know that I can trust again.  I am thankful for Rob, and the last eight months that we have shared getting to know each other, and falling in love.  Of course there are scars that serve to remind me, but at least I know where that pain came from, and it is not where I am right now.  "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you" (1 Peter 5: 6 - 7).  I am so thankful that the Lord takes all my pain, tears, hurt, all that I am, upon Himself and in return gives me His love, peace, hope, joy... All my junk, for all His good.  "To give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified" (Isaiah 61: 3) Thank God for giving me His beauty for my ashes.  May where I have been, and where I have stayed, always motivate me to where I am now, and where I am going.  ♫ "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where I have been, lucky to be coming home again.  ♫ Lucky we're in love in every way, lucky to have stayed where we have stayed, lucky to be coming home someday" ♪ 

No comments:

Post a Comment