Thursday, May 3, 2018

Today's (short) thoughts~

May 2, 1992
26 years ago today I walked down the aisle to commit and join my forever with another.  Our invitation was a verse from the book of Ecclesiastes.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.  It was not quickly broken, but it was in fact broken.  10 years ago, my now ex posted on a social media page a picture of the two of us with the caption "16 years and I still get that feeling".  Only months later he was expressing that he didn't know if he was still in love with me.  This made zero sense to me.  It could be only one thing.  That in fact was the thing.  He had allowed the devil a foothold and the devil did his finest work and destroyed a sacred union.  It has been nearly 10 years and I still get that sucker punched in the gut feeling of overwhelming pain and sadness...  

I will never celebrate 17 years of marriage with someone again.  I will never celebrate milestone anniversaries with someone at my age now.  This saddens my heart.  Thankfully, I have the love of the Lord.  I still have the pain, but know my future is in His hands and do my best to trust and rest in that. 

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken" (Ecclesiastes 4:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment