Thursday, September 14, 2017

Foolishness - Grace

Oh how many times have I not done what I was told and found myself somewhere I didn't want to be? Jonah should be an example to me... I never paid attention to this portion before. The waters had surrounded him... even to his soul. Jonah had weeds wrapped around his head. After he cried out to God, God brought him out of the pit. It was his own fault that he was there, but God in His grace rescued Jonah from his own foolish ways. I'm so thankful that God is God and He forgives and restores. I hate that I fail Him, and do not desire to, but I still do... daily... God of mercy, and God of grace I love You, and thank You for never giving up on me. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

"The waters surrounded me, even to my soul; The deep closed around me; Weeds were wrapped around my head. I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord , my God" (Jonah 2:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment