Sunday, August 9, 2015

Forgiveness~

August 9, 2015

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8: 1-2).

We seek God in our lives, to live in us, to flow through us, and to use us as He sees fit with the gifts He has given.  If there is sin in our lives, it is not likely that He can flow freely.  We are a temple of the Holy Spirit, and God’s Spirit dwells in our midst (1 Cor. 3:16).  If you know there is something in the temple, or that you are doing something that will hurt the temple, simply pray and ask God to forgive you.  “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word is not in us” (1 John 1: 8-10 emphasis mine).  Pray and confess any unconfessed sins, ask forgiveness and be forgiven.  

There is nothing that we have done that His blood hasn’t already covered. To feel that what we have done is too much for Him to forgive means that Jesus’s sacrifice on the cross was not enough.  “He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever; He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103: 9-12).  You should remember them no more either, only to proclaim what God has done in and for you.

God, I come before You and ask that You forgive me of my sins.  Wash me as white as snow.  Father God, I invite You to come consume me.  Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and draw me closer to You.  Flow through me, and use me for Your Glory.  I welcome You.  Fill me, overcome me with Your presence Lord.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment