Sunday, May 18, 2014

One Year Later~

May 18, 2014

 “Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them” (Psalm 139:16).

One year ago ~

A day of primping~ hair, nails, beautiful dress, tuxedo, flowers, borrowed car,  a little anxiety, and excitement, as two older teenagers meet up to go to the prom.  The time has come to go have dinner with the family, have some photos taken, and sendoff two special friends to have a fun time celebrating being seniors, and each other’s company.

A text from her at 11:45 “were good and on our way to the breakfast!”  A text from him at 12:15 “yep, I’m good” A knock on the door around 2am… I thought my boy forgot his keys.

A little rain, a very dark street, and a rear wheel drive car… The car hydroplaned and control was lost, just five miles from her front door, on the way to take her home. The car crashed; her side of the car taking the impact of a telephone pole… Both have suffered from this night in May.  Their lives forever changed.  The children we parents sent out never returned.

A mangled car, two ambulances, shock trauma, several surgeries for extensive injuries. Questions of why it wasn’t the other way around.

One year later~
The car is gone BUT… two older teens are alive, can share with you what happened, and both tell how God has used it to make them better people. Both are closer to Him and His Word now.  Both are ALIVE! Praise Him!

I still have a hard time with it all, but ultimately know that God is sovereign.  His ways are perfect.  I thank my God that He spared their lives, and that He is using this to bring glory and honor unto Himself.
“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living” (Psalm 27:13).


1 comment:

  1. Debbie,
    It has been such a heart wrenching year and also a year of God's Blessings. I am thankful for the outcome, as I know both families are. But, for this to have happened to two such loving, faithful, strong willed, children of God and their families. And our church family rallying around you in prayer and support. What a testimony to our Lord! I continue to pray for all for healing of body and mind and strength. Hugs to you all !
    Love you,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete