Friday, January 3, 2014

Respond, don't React~

As I struggle with the decisions others make that affect me, I have to remind myself not to react. I am so thankful for the Word of God that guides me on the right path. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer" (Psalm 19:14). and one of my daily prayers "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). I am also very thankful for friends that can talk sense into my head and tell me to "lay it down, give it to God, and get back to work".  People in our lives influence us, and those around us.  It is difficult when you once had a deep, meaningful relationship with an individual and they make choices now that hurt, and cut you to the core.  It is so important not to react to the hurt and rise above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment