Monday, January 6, 2014

Commitment~

January 6, 2014

If you are married, go tell your spouse you love them! Things may be difficult right now, but it is a moment. Take a moment to remember why you are married in the first place.  Remember those butterflies in your stomach at the very thought of them; those feelings that you couldn't possibly spend enough time together. You made a commitment, keep it. This world is full of things that will try to destroy your union.  Don’t give in to the temptations tossed out there by the devil himself.  Whatever is going on right now is temporary… good or bad. Embrace the difficulties, for in them there are opportunities for growth and strength to the marriage.  If things are good, continue to pour into each other, for certain there will come challenges. 

Do not ever think it is ok to get chummy with a member of the opposite sex at work or anywhere else. It may begin innocently, but can be a great tool for the STUPID devil.  You may think: They are so easy to talk to… They understand my struggles… They “get me”… If you are single, and they are single, GO FOR IT!  If you have committed yourself in marriage: FORGET ABOUT IT!!  Believe it or not your spouse “Get’s you”~ You simply have to keep investing! If you have a bank account and don’t put any money into it, you are going to have NOTHING there to withdrawal. “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8). 

Enjoy the now- Don’t worry about the future.  Something will always be there to challenge the relationship, but if you dwell on that, it steals your joy today.  Don’t let anything rob you of the beauty that can be enjoyed today by worrying about tomorrow.  “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matthew 6:34).

God has placed a beautiful blessing in my life recently. I pray that I can keep my feet on the ground and my eyes focused on Christ, all while enjoying every moment I am afforded to.
I write all this with worry in myself- I so just want to enjoy what the Lord is doing!

You will show me the path of life;In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment