Thursday, December 17, 2020

My Defense ~

 "My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah" (Psalms 62:5‭-‬8).

All around me there is pain. People who have played significant roles in my life have betrayed and hurt me. The very people who should have been the ones who protected me and kept me safe, are the ones who threw me out like the trash. 

Thankfully, the One, the only One, the Great Shepherd calls me His own. He will protect me and be my defense. He is the only constant in life. He has never failed me. He has never left me or thrown me to the wolves. He has never hurt me. He never will. He is my defense. My refuge. I can and will trust Him. 

Thank You, God, for Your love for me and that You care for me. You hear my prayers, You see my tears, and I believe You even feel my pain. Thank You, that You don't leave me defenseless. I trust You, help me to trust You more. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment