Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Excellence~


I was given gifts from the Lord.  I write, sing, am a sensitive individual (yes, it is a gift), among other things.  I work hard to be the best I can be.  When learning a new song, or practicing one I know, I listen repeatedly, say the lyrics as a prayer, and memorize the words.  My writing is given much thought and prayer before I begin penning it out.  The sensitive part of me values relationships greatly, and I invest my heart deeply.  When I fail, it makes me mad, so I work harder.  I have high expectations of myself.  I strive for excellence, always working to be a little better.  Though I receive compliments at times, and am sometimes judged, I do not work hard, or strive for excellence for the accolade or recognition of others.  Not for man’s praise, but for the glory of Him who gifted me.  “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him” (Colossians 3:17).  I thank Him for the gifts He has blessed me with and want to use them always for His glory.  His Word tells me to do whatever I do heartily as unto the Lord.  Heartily = wholeheartedly, sincerely, genuinely, profoundly, eagerly, enthusiastically, with eagerness, with enthusiasm, zealously, vigorously, with all one’s heart.  That is how I want to use my gifts!  I write well, I sing well, I care well.  Not for approval or applaud, but to praise the Lord, to worship Him who created me.  To Him who created the universe, calls me by name, loves me, gave His life for me, and uses me to glorify Himself.   “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ” (Colossians 3: 23-24).

No comments:

Post a Comment