Monday, August 19, 2019

Black sheep~

Being called the black sheep has always had a negative meaning. Not fitting in, being an outcast, undesirable member of the group. I believe there is no "black sheep" in God's family.  He loves all of His sheep the same. God sent His son to die for all of us. "While we were still sinners Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). When we stray (and we all do), He gently and lovingly, and sometimes with a little strength, brings us back to the fold. We always fit in His family.

I'm thinking I want to be a black sheep. They are unusual, and stand out among the majority. I don't want to blend in, I want to stand out. I want people to notice that I am different, and I want to share what makes me different. That my identity is not with the majority, but hidden in Christ.


"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.  As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.  And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father" (John 10:14‭-‬18).

No comments:

Post a Comment