Sunday, January 13, 2019

Light


I have been pondering this since last Monday when I saw a note that I had written in my Bible years ago.  It reads “the world is without light” next to this passage.  Then I listened to a sermon built around the same passage this morning. 

“You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.  “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see our good works and glorify your Father in heaven” (Mt. 5: 14-16). 

The world is without light.  We must walk in the light and shine bright for all to see. 

“But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleansed us from all sin” (1 John 1:7). 

Am I letting my light shine?  God, please help me to always shine my light… the light that You have instilled in me, may it shine so brightly that people will see You in me, that they see my good works and glorify You, my Father in heaven.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment