Thursday, September 3, 2015

A little prayer~

"Can you imagine yourself standing at the edge of the Jordan, dripping wet, and turning your head to see Jesus himself being baptized after you? What would go through your mind? What are your thoughts and feelings toward your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ? Who is He to you? Reflect on these questions and close in prayer" (You version devotional: 'Jesus I Need You' part 3').

Father God, You are my Lord and my Savior.  You love me more than anyone has ever loved me.  I have experienced what I thought to be love in my life, and know that people love me, but You surpass them all.  Your care for me blows my mind.  You want me.  When I just want to be wanted by people, You gently hold me and let me know that You want me, and that is better than any person.  You tell me to be still and know that You are God, and comfort me when I am hurting.  Even when I am at my worst, You show me grace.  You are my Lord, and I love You.  I think about what You sacrificed so that I could have relationship with You, and am dumbfounded.  When I was still walking in sin, You sent Your only Son to take the punishment that should have been mine.  I am sinner of sinners, and You still show me Your grace each and every time that I fall.  You say that You cast them as far as the East is from the West... they never meet, which means to You, they are gone.  Thank You, God, for your love, grace, and mercy.  I deserve death, and You give me life.  You are a great and mighty God.  I will praise You as long as You give me breath.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

John 3:16; Psalm 46:10; Psalm 34:18; Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 5:7; Romans 6:1; Psalm 103:12; Romans 8:11

No comments:

Post a Comment