Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Desire~



October 27, 2013
I read the following scripture the other day, and got a new perspective on it:  “as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious” (1 Peter 2:2-3).  I have friends that have a newborn baby, and have heard that little one screaming because she was desperately wanting to be fed by her momma.  It is clear in this passage that we are to desire the pure milk of the word just as that baby.  I thought about my own life, and had to ask myself; Do I desire the pure milk of the word?… Convicted!  I definitely desire to have that desire, but honestly fall short.  Desire is to wish or long for; crave or want.  I need to desire the Word of God with the same persistence as that newborn for the mother!  There is also a verse in the Psalms that describes that desire for the living God.  “As the deer pants (to long with breathless or intense eagerness) for the water brooks, so my soul longs (to have earnest or strong desire or craving) for You, O God. My soul thirsts (a strong or eager desire; craving) for God, for the living God” (Psalm 42:1-2).  Does my life show that?  Does my soul long for God, the living God as much as the deer pants for that water?  Lord God, I pray that I completely surrender to You, and that my desire for Your word grows stronger and deeper.  I pray to have a deep desire for Your word, to crave it like the newborn baby desires feeding. In Jesus Name, Amen.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment