Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Good Word~



September 1, 2013
Yesterday was a tough day.  I went to bed last night with much anxiety!  Before I went to bed, I put out a Facebook post that my stress level was off the chart, and would appreciate a prayer, or a good word. “Anxiety in the heart of a man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad” (Proverbs 12:25) I kind of hate putting it out there, but know the power of prayer.  I then turned my thoughts to how cool it is that I can ask others to pray for me.  Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7).  We are to cast our cares upon Him, because He cares for us. 
I am so thankful for the “Good Word” that people shared with me. A few of them are the following: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7); “But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible” (Mark 10:27); “Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all” (2 Thessalonians 3:16); and all of Isaiah 54. 
         The Word of God is so powerful.  A good Word indeed makes it glad.  I am thankful for the reminder from a friend today, who when I told her that I thought that I was grumbling and complaining (Philippians 2:14) when sharing what was causing the stress, that we bear each other’s burdens.  Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) I am thankful for the body of Christ that are so willing to go before the throne of God with my requests.  I am also thankful for the opportunities to go before His throne for others when they ask.  Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” (James 5:16).  Lord God, thank You for the sacrifice of Your own son so that we can even approach Your throne, and that You love us that much.  Thank You that you care so much for us that You tell us to cast our cares, worries, concerns upon You.  I love You and praise You for Your love. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment